Today, there are a myriad different technologies to help you study, shop or even travel. One of these technologies is digital signage. With so many options available, how can you create an absorbing experience for your brand using digital signage solutions? Read this guide to find out…So, here goes…
1) Plan your digital signage offering well: Installing a digital signage solution without a plan, is like trying to find a location without a map. Installing every bit of technology without following a plan leaves you with many parts to manage and a difficult system to monitor. It will probably result in a mismatched digital installation. You should look at the big picture aesthetically to ensure that you are telling a consistent visual and display story.
2) Ensure that the digital signage experience you provide extends beyond your physical store or office: In-store digital technologies close the gap between an online and offline shopping experience. For example, certain stores install a 24-hour interactive window display, allowing customers to window shop whenever they want. Customers can also buy items using touchscreen technology, which are then delivered the same day by the retailer. This kind of technology allows customers to choose between an in-store experience and a quick delivery, depending on their preference. This kind of digital experience also enhances the engagement of your in-store customers. However, you should carry the same level of engagement with customers who prefer to shop outside of your brick-and-mortar location.
3) Create trust on social media: A recent research study has discovered that 74% of customers in the United States rely on their social networks to make purchase decisions. If your brand is not captivating customers and creating trust on social media, you are missing a huge opportunity to generate web and foot traffic. For example, as a retailer you can create and install a digital signage solution in your retail location that displays social media posts relevant to your brand. This reinforces that your brand is engaged with customers in the social world.
4) Use technology to make the experience convenient and unique for your customers: Many retailers are offering their customers a personalized shopping experience using the latest in digital signage technology. One such experience is a virtual fitting-room technology that allows customers to try on clothes without having to untie shoes or slink their way out of skinny jeans. Many retailers are also using iPads on the sales floor to allow shoppers to look up inventory levels, purchase online, or purchase directly from the sales floor. These options let your customers shop on their own terms. They also provide your customers with a new and engaging way to shop without slowing them down. In the final analysis, your digital strategy should provide added convenience for shoppers.
5) Keep up with your customers: The in-store retail experience has changed dramatically over the last 20 years. The journey is no longer about only print ads and static sale signage, but is a multifaceted digital experience that integrates social media and in-store technology. Customers expect the latest and greatest in digital signage solutions if they are to engage with your brand long-term.
These are the top 5 things to keep in mind when trying to engage your customers with digital signage solutions. You can be a clothes retailer, a travel company, or then, an online tutoring company. Whatever you business, if you are not using digital signage solutions, you are missing out on a huge opportunity. If you center your digital experience around your customers, success is guaranteed. Here’s to a seamless and successful digital signage experience…